The Techradar team look at products that Google will launch or improve this year, many involving Android (see the video)…
1. ANDROiD M : Android 5.1 or Android 6.0? : This major new version of Android is expected to be shown off at the Google I/O developer conference in June 2015.
2. CARDBOARD 2.0 : Cardboard vs Oculus Rift : A cardboard VR headset which you slot a Nexus 5 to get the Oculus Rift-style experience at a very affordable price.
3. ANDROiD AUTO : Android to go in cars : Android Auto will first feature in the 2015 edition of the Hyundai Sonata, and then many more models.
4. GLASS GOES MAiNSTREAM : Google Glass to get less nerdy : The next Google Glass version is likely to use a smaller display unit, and a smaller ‘brain’ and battery.
5. ANDROiD TV : Android in TVs, but properly this time : The Android TV Google platform software is here, and uses Android 5.0 Lollipop at its core, as used in the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9.
6. 64-BiT ANDROiD : Proving 64-bit in mobile actually matters : Android 5.0 L is the first version of Google’s mobile OS to offer native support for 64-bit processors. Expect most new phones to have a 64-bit processor by half-way through 2015.
7. ANDROiD WEAR : Android Wear’s response to the Apple Watch : Tighter integration between watch and phone, increased app support and greater customisation can be expected. Android Wear recently got its own section on Google Play.
8. ANDROiD SiLVER : Android Silver might become a reality : Android Silver is the long awaited series of high-end Android phones that use vanilla Android rather than a custom interface.
9. GOOGLE FOR KiDS : Chrome and YouTube to go child friendly : Google is working on kid-friendly versions of Chrome and YouTube designed for children 12 years and under.